Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 4 - Run walk walk.

So this morning, I am a little stiff. My alarm clock went off at 3:30am (oh hang on that was mother nature). 4.7M aftershock which was pretty strong. Woke up again later and got ready to possibly work and then decided at 9 ish that I wasn't gonna get that call and started to plan a route. I planned to do the 2nd running day of week 1 of the Couch to 5k plan and I did. I ran along thinking about the nice pretty parks in the area. I did 30 mins of the C25K and then continued to walk for an hour and 10 mins, which puts me at a total of 1:40 for the day.

I did need the loo along the way and it occurred to me that had I been living in the worst hit side of town, I would have access to a portaloo wherever I went. I was tempted to knock on someone's door at random and ask to use the loo. Luckily, I came across a lovely park called Ferrer Park and they, hallelujah, had toilets. So I could continue my walk without having to do a continual cross over step.

Came home and stretched a bit, and now I think I will collapse on the couch for the rest of the afternoon. I am thinking about snowboarding but still not sure, I have a few more hours to decide if I will risk rehurting my arm.

Time Accrued: 3hours + 1h40 = 4h40. Not bad going. My Runkeeper said I did 9 km and burnt 560 calories.
Ok, now for a snooze!

No comments:

Post a Comment