Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 10 - I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike!

So I got a phone call this morning from my friend who's a fella, and he said to me, do you want to go for that walk on the beach with the pooches. We set a time and I was just about to leave when HRH (Kings of Leon) says he is coming home from his meetings and wants lunch. So I had to make an impromptu lunch, and made chillibean and cheese toasted sandwhich, which in the scheme of things, desprite the cheese is a pretty healthy lunch. Beans are great for fibre, protein and carbs all in one. So I eventually left to do the 8+km cycle to his house and then we hopped in the car. I was dripping and pretty sweaty once I actually got to his house. We got the pooches in the car, and drove down the very bumpy road out to the beach which was the most affected area in the Christchurch Earthquakes. The roads have been repaired but will never be flat again. We got to the beach, the dogs went for a nice long explore while I took some pictures of them and the friend I promised to go walkies with. He showed me some photography tricks, got some really nice shots and still got a good long walk on the beach. It was kind of overcast and so the shots I got were really very moody, it was gorgeous. We walked back, and then when we got back I had to take a cycle to the place I call home.  On the way home, I stopped and took a photo of the church that was munted and unhappy. I am soaked, feeling flushed and pretty tired, someone's gonna sleep well tonight!

So to sum up. 45 min cycle there, 45 min cycle back, 30min walk on the beach = 2 hours. OMG!
9h20m + 2 hours = 11h 20m (So on day 10 I am 1h20 min over)

I think a pooch is a great tool for exercise.
I want one!



No comments:

Post a Comment